Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wow!  What a week it has been!  It's almost Christmas and we are trying to get it all done in time.  My kiddos are asking every day "How many more days til Christmas!??!!"  The excitement is in the air everywhere we go. 

Every family has traditions during the holidays.  One of our family traditions is baking sugar cookies together and decorating them.  We also enjoy driving around looking at all of the Christmas lights.  My childrens' faces light up with joy when we see a big neighborhood with all the lights shining brightly.  It's one of the joys of the holidays.  Another Christmas tradition is making crafts.  My children love to make any kind of craft - especially the messy ones.  They love to paint and cut and glue any type of material!  (My little Anastacia is the "mess maker" in the family - her favorite thing to do is draw on anything but paper.  She walks around the house saying "only on paper" as she scribbles on the wall or the door.  Yikes!  And it doesn't seem to matter where I hide the crayons or markers, she finds them!)  A really fun thing to do is to make homemade ornaments for the Christmas tree.  We like to use the cardboard ornaments that you find in the craft section at Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby.  They are really cheap and all you have to do is let your child go crazy with the paint or markers.  Let it dry, apply modge podge and then allow it to dry.  If you want it to really shine, add several layers of modge podge.  I'm telling you, it's better than any store bought ornament and you'll always have the memory of your little one making it for you with their very own hands.

I think it's so important that we have traditions in our family, it gives our children a sense of stability and unity.   I would love to hear some of your holiday traditions.  Please leave me a note tellng me what your traditions are.  Hey, maybe we could get some ideas from each other!!

No comments: